The Yeti Company
About Yeti: Yeti is a Texas-based manufacturer of outdoor lifestyle products such as ice chests, vacuum-insulated stainless-steel drink ware, soft coolers, and related accessories. While they do not make cheap yeti coolers, this page is designed to show you the more affordable options.
The History of the Cooler Company
The Yeti company was founded by two brothers, Ryan and Roy Seiders. They grew up in Driftwood, Texas and spent their entire childhood outside, playing and looking for the next big adventure. The brothers were raised with an appreciation for wild game, unfamiliar territory, and high-quality gear. Their father was an entrepreneur who designed and built fishing rods. They grew up, and each of them choose their own path to follow. Ryan graduated from Texas A&M University in 1996 and Roy graduated from Texas Tech University in 2000.
Roy, an angler and hunter, began his career making custom boats for fishing the Texas Gulf Coast after graduating from Texas Tech. In 2006, Ryan sold Waterloo Rods, the company he had owned and operated for nine years.
The avid outdoorsmen became frustrated with the quality of the coolers available and founded YETI that same year to invent their own high-end cooler in response.
The mission of the company: They founded Yeti Coolers with a simple mission: build the cooler that people would be able to use every day. One that was built for the serious outdoor enthusiast rather than for the mass-discount retailers. One that could take the abuse they knew they would put it through out in the field and on the water. One that simply wouldn’t break. They decided to use their precious experience to improve the products, and they did not want to sacrifice quality for a few extra bucks.
Ultimately, life is about having a good time doing what you love.
And for them, that’s being outdoors hunting whitetail, catching a tarpon on the fly, and spending time with their families and buddies.
The products: If you are an outdoor person looking for a cheap but reliable cooler you could use every day for many years, then the Yeti coolers are the right choice for you. These coolers are made for true outdoor enthusiasts, pros, tailgaters, and backyard barbecue kings. There are many coolers to choose from, and the Yeti company also produces additional gear for outdoors activities such as: can insulators, bottle openers, special clothes for spending time in the wilderness, tumblers and many, many more. They do not make Cheap Yeti Coolers but we found some cheaper options for you.
The Benefits of having a Portable Cooler
Travel coolers are ideal for a wide variety of occasions. They became very popular among the beach crowd, but they are also a great choice for camping trips, picnics, tailgate parties, long haul truck driving, transient work sites, sporting events, and other events and locations that call for cool beverages and food. Travel coolers are especially beneficial to have around when it is imperative that the cooler’s contents stay cold or even frozen in order to avoid potential health concerns or unnecessary discomfort.
Some of the benefits of having a portable cooler are:
- Very practical for outdoor activities: If you like to spend time outside with your family and friends, and enjoy a nice meal in the nature, then a cooler is a great choice for you. Pack everything you want and you are ready for the picnic!
- No Ice Required: you do not need to fill your travel cooler with ice or ice packs in order to keep your cooler contents cold. This means no more having to deal with melted ice all over the place or having to run to the store or gas station in the middle of your excursion to buy more ice.
- Separate Freezing and Cooling Sections: Some models of travel coolers offer separate compartments for freezing and cooling so that you don’t need to worry about your ice cream turning soft or your soda turning to ice.
- Solid Build: The solid build of travel coolers makes them easy to transport in and out of vehicles or around rough terrain.
Reviews of Cheap Yeti Coolers
If you are an adventurous type of person, and like spending time outdoors, then this is something you might need. Small but powerful, the Yeti Roadie Cooler is the best personal cooler you can find to protect your drinks and food from the heat while you`re enjoying the nature. Built with strong one-piece construction and ice-retaining insulation, this small personal cooler is equipped with a heavy-duty stainless steel handle for better portability. It has the unbreakable, self-stopping hinges that will keep the lid propped open while you are spending time doing some of your favorite activities, like fishing. You can take this sturdy little portable Cheap Yeti cooler with you to the job site, or play hooky and head down to your favorite fishing hole. It’s also right at home in a campsite, kayak, canoe, ATV or golf cart. Since it is so practical and reliable, we are sure you will carry it with you anywhere you go! These are not cheap Yeti coolers but they are on the lower price range spectrum of their product catalogue.
- Very small and easy to pack
- Practical and reliable
- Rotomolded Construction
- No Sweat Design prevents any embarrassing messes
- Equipped with a heavy-duty stainless steel handle for better portability
- Yeti Roadie is grizzly proof
- Yeti Roadie will protect your drinks and food from the heat
Pros and Cons:
Pros: Strong and reliable material, high quality, keeps the temperature for a long time, good size, easy to pack.
Cons: A bit heavy, not so easy to carry around solo, paying for quality
The Yeti Hopper Flip Cooler was made for those adventures where you just want to grab your gear and go. It’s the original 100% leak-proof, ice-for-days portable cooler. It is made of high quality, strong and durable material. The Hopper’s high-density fabric is waterproof and resistant to mildew, punctures, and UV rays. This is not a cheap yeti coolers but it is one of the more affordable ones.
The liner is made from an FDA-approved food-grade material. Closed-cell rubber foam offers far superior cold-holding to ordinary soft coolers. The Yeti Hopper Flip cooler is made in different sizes to fit any adventure. With this cooler, you can be sure that your food and drinks are be cold and fresh wherever you go. It is one of the strongest, most durable soft-sided coolers ever made and it will last you for a very long time. Check it out, you won`t regret it.
- Leak-proof and reliable
- High quality and durable material
- Cubed body makes it easy to pack and store
- HydroLok Zipper and wide-mouth opening give great accessibility and visibility to contents
- Dry Hide Shell will hold its own when faced with the hazards of the wild
- Comes in different sizes
- Keeps your food and drink provisions colder for longer
Pros and Cons:
Pros: Light weighted and small, good design, easy to pack and store, comfortable strap, 100% leak-proof, affordable price.
Cons: Doesn’t keep ice as well as the other Yeti coolers, there is no handle on the top.
Spending a day on the like? Going fishing? You need to bring some food and drinks but you have no idea how to keep them cold and fresh? Check this out: The Yeti Tundra Cooler. It is made from roto-molded polyethylene, it’s UV resistant, heavily insulated and very, very strong. The durable, marine-grade nylon rope handles with textured grips let you easily haul your cooler on all of your trips and hunting excursions. There are molded-in tie-down slots and non-slip feet, and will even stand in as a casting platform. Like all the Yeti Coolers, it’s built to be grizzly proof. Yeti`s Permafrost Insulation is pressure-injected, and will give you exceptional thermal resistance for unmatched ice retention. If you are looking to buy a cooler you could carry everywhere you go, a cooler that is durable and spacious enough to pack all your favorite snacks, then this is your lucky day!
- Roto-molded construction is extremely durable
- Yeti`s Permafrost Insulation is pressure-injected, giving you exceptional thermal resistance for unmatched ice retention
- T-Rex Lid Latches, with patent-pending technology and molded-in keepers, keep your lid securely closed and are built to last
- The Yeti Coolers Cold Lock Gasket minimizes unwanted air exchange, locking out heat while sealing in cold
- Includes a full-length, integrated hinge that is self stopping and will not break
- Spacious enough and light weighted
Pros and Cons:
Pros: Long term cooling, the ice melts very slowly, great material, very durable and reliable, there is a basket included, worth the price.
Cons: Leakage occurs from time to time, it is not light weight, the price is not your run of the mill cooler